Saturday, May 17, 2008

Rihanna Makes History


My girl Rihanna done went and made Pop-chart history again. Check out the report from Billboard:

The song's bump is the second-best leap to No. 1 in Hot 100 history, trailing only Maroon 5's 64-1 jump with "Makes Me Wonder" last May. Coincidentally, Rihanna is featured on the band's "If I Never See Your Face Again" which will debut tomorrow at No. 57. With the lofty digital take, Rihanna now owns two of the top three opening week download tallies in chart history. Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body" set the mark with 286,000 last month, surpassing the 277,000 moved by Rihanna's "Umbrella" when it debuted in the June 9, 2007 issue. "Take a Bow" is one of four new songs on an expanded CD/DVD edition of Rihanna's "Good Girl Gone Bad" album, due June 17 via Def Jam.

Go Rihanna!! This chic is definetely making her mark on music and will leave a legacy when she's ready to retire

I didn't know the re-release was going to include a DVD, I'll go get it then! I wasn't going to get the re-release since I already have Good Girl Gone Bad and re-releases to me is just a reminder of the artists relativity in the music industry while they take a break from the studio. I only cop re-releases with a DVD... the same ish with only 4 new tracks is just not worth another $15

No comments: